Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The Aviator Is Dead


Mr Cloudy... Finally... you did your talent justice.

Alrighty peoples, where IMakeMadBeats gave me the tools to make music, Cloudy was the cat that made me want to be part of the Orlando scene. In fact, he made me want to make music and perform.

I was the new DJ on the scene making an appearance at Ehjays in Winter Park (RIP Ehjays) I was on crutches, and was also seeing how little I knew about cutting thanks to my also meeting K-Razor (Scratch Academy) and SPS (2008 DMC US Supremacy Champ, Zulu World Champ). But... I wasnt really that impressed with the local music until the headliners came on stage. O.F.F. (The O.rlando F.lorida F.oundation). These cats blew my mind away. The beats were sick, and all the cats had a ridiculous presence. Cleazy, Que the MC, Ru, and  especially Cloudy (kwon at the time). Cloudy had a mis-mosh of a kung fu outfit on both white and black pieces but was ripping the Mic, and he had the crowd captivated.

We later became friends and even crew. I was always let down that he never put more effort into his recording even when myself and Scrollman (tracks soon to be dug out) were pushing him to do so. But gone are the days of Kwon, The Aqua Doc, Dragonfist the Antagonist! It's Cloudy October now.

I am far from a rooster rider (if you get it, you get it) but this album is Fresh. Cloudy proves that he can rock any type of beat, and as usual uses a creative but sonically accurate delivery. Not only does he handle the rhyming but he is also handling the bulk of the production. Along with X:144 (soon to be profiled) handing mixing and mastering, the aviator is dead is a wonderfully packaged product. He is offering it free on his website but you can order one of the limited edition copies he has pressed.... and promote the hell out of him!!!

I have honestly tried to figure out how to describe him but it is hard because he is the Orlando version of Ol Dirty "there is no father to his style." But hearing his album you will catch hints of MF Doom, Little bit of Andre of Outkast, The Procussions, even Em due to his hint of comedy. The rhymes are sick and you can tell he is artist who is taking his craft serious.. Vagonbondage is my favorite track due to my preference of hearing Cloudy rock higher BPM beats.. either way..

Props to Cloudy

(4 out of 5) ugly faces only because this is only the beginning




www.cloudyoctober.com
for his album

Remember if you likes.... SUPPORT the G.E.M.s!

No comments:

Post a Comment