Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Eternia and Moss - At Last



Okay... Simply put 4 out of 5 ugly faces.. The only reason I didnt give a 5, is because the mixdowns make you miss some of Eternia's words. Now I am not an anti-"femcee" person, I am just usually not moved by the typical female emcee. Lauryn Hill, Lady of Rage, Rah Digga, and Invincible are simply put.. dope. If you have never heard Eternia before, add her to this list.

These ladies are not just dope Female MCs, they are just dope MCs. Funny enough Rage and Digga are on Live @ the BBQ track. Giving their take on the Main Source Classic. Eternia shines throughout the album. Her words are strong, has excellent cadence and takes you on a trip with her rhymes while Moss creates a true soundscape for the listener.

I will confess that at first take I skimmed through it because I didnt find it sonically appealing but when I gave it a second listen I didnt skip a track. Moss is hit or miss with me on his production, but he definetely excels on this. I am more and more appreciative of the Producer/MC albums. They are fluid soundscapes where you see the MC and Producer evolve with eachother.


Standout tracks

32 Bars- Eternia murders the beat.

At last ft Reef and Termanology- That beat ,some of my favorite MCs, and Eternia.... whoa...



It's funny ft. Joell Ortiz - Joell is the truth, and Eternia still shines

To the Future - Hands down my favorite song, only because it is the realest shit I have heard in a long time. I am surprised anyone would put that much of themselves into a song. And...I applaud that.



Eternia and Moss - At Last.. A true G.E.M..

jeah mang jeah - Skillz

No comments:

Post a Comment